Friday, March 16, 2012

Launch of "Front Door Fridays"!


Let's kick off "Front Door Friday" with ours!


When I was at Clemson, we had this project where we had to design and then print a lithograph (using a a litho  press bigger than bus!). It was to be inspired by a poster of choice, but translated into our own interpretation.

Some students did remakes of those famous 70's ones with the animals and a catch phrase, like the cat stuck a tree saying "Hang in there", some did nature, "pin ups" or cars.

Mine was the "Doors of Clemson".  It was the front doors of all the historical buildings on campus - Inspired by posters you may have seen in the more touristy areas of different cities, though specifically the historical doors of Charleston.


The photos had to be our own work, so I thought naturally I would lean towards an Ansel Adams inspiration.  But, as I looked back through the photos I had taken around town, and from our various travels,  I noticed a trend. I always have pictures of doors. Yeah, even of homes of people I don't even know! For some reason they have always caught my eye.

To this day, doors, gates or entrances in general always get my second glance. Pueblo has many beautiful doors, that maybe we are just used to passing by without a glance. Hence, "Front door Friday" will be the showcase for all the many beautiful, curious, odd, or interesting types of doors/ entrances we can find around town. Do any look familiar to you? Do front doors of homes and buildings catch your eye?

No comments:

Post a Comment