Monday, May 7, 2012

More Wildlife...

Yeah, I know. but its Monday morning cut me a bit of slack!

Not exactly wildlife, these little guys still have a little story.
Like the deer in a previous post, I really did almost run into (step on) this little family. I was at the "jog" part of my "wog" and as I came around the corner of this rock wall, I found this little group under foot. Good thing I am graceful and light on my feet. I didn't step on any of them, nor fall and break my arm like it probably looked like I was doing if you were one of the many passing cars.

All around the city's parks and lakes you can see tiny baby chicks that just hatched. This little mother had a total of 10 babies and it is why I is stopped - She was separated from the other 5 and she was frantically trying to get to them.  They had squeezed under a fence that she couldn't fit through and she was in a panic to find them. She was scurrying around my feet as if asking for my help, so I tried to lift the fence for her but it wouldn't lift out of the ground.  I tired to make a hole but she still wouldn't fit. There was not a gate to be found! Her panic was growing as she could hear in the trees beyond, the rest of her clan peeping for her. I had to step out and field traffic for her as she weaved in and out of cars with little babies staying close to her side! Finally though, I had had enough of the nonsense! With a very busy day ahead of me and eager to get going, I flagged down a zoo employee, about 1 block away, arriving for his morning duties. I relayed the story to him. He oddly (lol) didn't looked as concerned as I was, however, he promised to go have a look and help them. 

Another lap through the park to verify the zoo man's promise showed he was sincere and did indeed reunite the family...Aw come on! You would have done the same thing if they were cheeping at YOUR feet!

No comments:

Post a Comment